Whether you have experience or looking to get into social care, KCA has a reputation for excellence in supporting children and young adults with learning disabilities. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic outreach support workers, who are passionate about caring.
KCA is a charity with over 15 years of experience supporting children with learning disabilities in Harrow.
Looking to start or expand your career in social care.
Are you creative and passionate about learning through play?
Whether you have experience or looking to get into social care, KCA has a reputation for excellence in supporting children and young adults with learning disabilities.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic outreach support workers, who are passionate about caring.
• To enable children/ young adults with learning disabilities and complex needs to enjoy mainstream activities in the community or in the family home.
• To provide care to children and young adults within the age range of 5 to 25 years on 1:1 or group basis to develop their skills and enable them to reach their potential.
• To support clients to take control of their lives, to maximise inclusion and participation in the community according to their needs wishes and preferences.
• Have excellent communication skills and an ability to develop relationships.
• Have a positive non-judgmental approach and ensure opportunity and choice.
• Understand how to positively support children with behaviours that challenge.
• Have awareness of Health & Safety.
• Understand how to reduce risk and protect clients from harm.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of the needs of children/young Adults and adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health
• It is expected that you will work flexibly, including evenings, weekends.
• Opportunities for learning and development together with supervision and support.
• Free Level 3 qualifications in child care.
• Pension Scheme
KCA and The Westminster Society are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. You need to be 18 and over to apply.
If you wish to discuss the positions in more detail please call Ilias Kostalas (Service Manager) on 0208 4202 300.
In order to apply, please complete and return an Application Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday 22 January 2021.
Giving the right support to make a life worth living.
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch
Pop us over an email and we will respond to you as soon as possible
Need to talk something through feel free to give us a call.
020 8968 7376
The Westminster Society is calling for health equality for people with learning disabilities to ensure they have access to regular Covid-19 testing, and that vaccines are made available on an equitable basis alongside people living in elderly and nursing care facilities.
Our CEO has written to Helen Whately Minister of State for Social Care asking for a change in policy – please see her letter here.Read the letter to Helen Whately